Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The Hearing Aid Was Found!

Tristan's hearing aid has been found! I can't tell you how relieved I am to be able to type that out.

After the fiasco with the stash in the car, I tore apart Tristan's room. He had things stashed all over the place. I cleaned his toy box out. I hit his closet where I found dirty laundry and a huge stash of soiled pull ups.

Tristan still wets the bed. We don't make a big deal out of it since he's on medication that really knocks him out at night. We put him in Good Nites to make him as comfortable as we can while he's sleeping. It also cuts down on laundry and reduces damage to his bed. We've tried to just let him go to bed without the Good Nites, but he sleeps soundly til the morning regardless. Being wet just doesn't wake him up.


Anyways, I pulled everything away from the wall and went through every square inch of his room. I finally found the hearing aid stashed behind his toy box. I was so relieved to find it. We checked it out to make sure it was still working, and it was just fine.

I made him clean out all those disgusting Good Nites and explained for the umpteenth time how gross it was and that I wasn't mad that he wet the bed, he just needed to take care of it. I really wonder what's going on with this hoarding-like behavior.

3 comments:

  1. YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE answered prayers!!!! i am so glad you found it! and the other stuff....i have a mild problem with "hoarding" its more like collecting, not like those folks on that reality show, but my past employer called it "nesting'. He (a dentist) said it was like i built a nest around me everywhere i went,..i think its a comfort thing...maybe for Tristan too...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the wetting the bed problem too when I was his age. My parents tried everything, from some sort of plastic that went under my sheet that sounded an alarm when it got slightly wet to wake me up, and some sort of nasal spray that actually worked. I eventually grew out of it

    ReplyDelete
  3. seamonkey-
    His doctor has offered to give us the nasal spray. I try not to make a big deal out of it so that he's not ashamed over something I really feel he can't control.

    I may ask his doctor about the nasal spray when he starts to have sleepovers, though. I'd hate for him to be embarrassed in front of his friends.

    ReplyDelete